1 English muffin
1 slice Canadian bacon
1 slice American cheese
1 empty clean can with the same diameter as an English
muffin. (A 6 1/2-ounce tuna can works best.)
1. Split the English muffin and brown each face in
a hot pan. Set aside. Keep the pan on medium heat.
2. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the Canadian
bacon for 10 minutes.
3. Grease the inside of the can with shortening or
coat with a nonstick spray.
4. Place the greased can in the hot pan over medium
heat and crack the egg into the center.
5. Break the yolk.
6. When the surface of the egg begins to firm, cut
around the inside of the can with a butter knife to
free the edges.
7. Pull the can off the egg; turn the egg over and
cook for 1 minute more.
8. Build the sandwich in the following stacking order
from the bottom up: bottom English muffin American
cheese egg Canadian bacon top English muffin
9. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds on high for uniform
heating, if desired.
Makes 1 sandwich.