12 taco shells
1 lb ground beef
¼ cup chopped onions
1 18-oz can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped lettuce
½ cup cheese, shredded
Taco sauce as desired
Don't forget the guac!!!
For "Greasy" tacos, lightly fry corn tortillas
in oil. Remove excess oil by folding onto paper towels
on a plate. Make sure you make a lot, because everyone
will be stealing them! Don't use this option when
having mom over to dinner - she doesn't like the smell.
Chicken can be used instead of beef.
1. Heat taco shells as directed on the package.
2. Brown hamburger and onion in a frying pan; drain
off the fat.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and chili powder and bring
to a boil
4. Reduce heat; cook 10-15 minutes uncovered. Stir
occasionally until mixture is dry and crumbly.
5. Fill heated taco shell with two tablespoons of
6. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese.