many thanks to Emeril
for this recipe..
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon Baby Bam
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
12 hamburger buns or small dinner rolls
1. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or wax
paper and wash your hands.
2. Place the meat in a large mixing bowl. Add the
onion, garlic, ketchup, relish, mustard, Baby Bam,
salt, and pepper, and mix with your hands until all
the ingredients are well incorporated. Form the meat
into patties, using about 1/4 cup for each. Place
the formed patties on the baking sheet.
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Carefully place three or four patties in the skillet,
being careful not to overcrowd them. Using a plastic
turner, turn the burgers over after 4 minutes. Cook
the burgers on the second side for 3 minutes.
5. Using an oven mitt or pot holder, remove the burgers
from the skillet and place on a platter or large plate
while the other burgers are cooking. Repeat with the
6. Serve on hamburger buns, topped with accompaniments
Yield: Twelve 2-ounce burgers.